Visit Pearl on Facebook

PearlShops4U Shop on Chairish

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Peace Through Understanding

My Latest Find ~ 1964 World Fair - Red Lacquer Tray


Research is the thing I love the most about selling treasures on Ebay. It is a fabulous opportunity to learn about the world. In Search of some juicy tidbits of Info about the worlds Fair I discovered YouTube. Okay, I know the rest of the world knows about the Tube but I'm a little slow.

Anyway, in 1964 Plans to build the New York World Trade Center were announced. "Beatlemania" was rocking the World . The "British Invasion" had begun while students protested the Vietnam War. Nelson Mandela is sentenced to life imprisonment in South Africa and Civil Rights Workers were found Dead in Mississippi. The first Ford Mustang rolled off the assembly line. Peace Through Understanding seems appropriate to me.

Now Back to the Blissful Innocence of the 1964 World’s Fair:


To Get a Very Retro Vibe be Sure to Check out Videos by retrodashmatic Some of the coolest retro clips I found!

1 comment:

Jen said...

After reading this post, I remembered a postcard from when my brother went to the worlds fair in NY. You reminded me of my collection. I will do some research and see if any of them would be worth selling on e-bay for a few bucks. Most of what I have is much older, and from all over the world. Thank You Pearl!